Continuing from the previous post...
The major attraction you will find in this area is the Monstrocity show. It is unique to Universal Studios Singapore. It is housed in the replica of the Pantages Theater of LA, USA.
It is a live show, featuring 7 singers and dancers produced locally. This is an original show never seen before in any Universal Studios park.
It features the Universal classic monsters: Frankenstein, Phantom of the Opera, Dracula, and some new character such as Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. (For your information, they are one character ie. Dr Jekyll by day, Mr Hyde by night.)
It is a live rock and roll musical on stage in a 1500 seat theatre capable of handling major Broadway shows.
Dinning and Retail
Here's a list of some of the dining you may find in the Hollywood area:
|Hollywood||Universal Studios Store||Retail||The flagship store of the entire park, |
it offers a wide variety of themed
collectibles, toys and apparel from
all 7 zones. It will be really interesting
to shop here as all the merchandise
are all sold here at once
|Hollywood||Superstar Candies||Retail||A candy store which focuses on selling |
sweets to visitors such as candy
floss and homemade fudge.
|Hollywood||Silver Screen Collectibles||Retail||A retail outlet offering celebrity photos |
and posters, collectibles, books, as well
as Betty Boop™ themed souvenirs and
apparel. A very good tie-in to the area
and enhances the theme of the area.
|Hollywood||Star Characters||Retail||A retail outlet selling exclusive |
merchandise of DreamWorks Animation
characters like Alex the Lion, Gloria the
Hippo, Marty the Zebra and Melman the
Giraffe and don't forget those crazy
May not be the best location. I think it
will fit better in the Madagascar land.
|Hollywood||The Brown Derby||Retail||At Hollywood's famed hat-shaped |
landmark, guests can shop for
headwear of all types including visors,
character and novelty hats
and wigs, Universal Studios® logo caps
and other stylish lids.
However, the real Brown Derby in LA is
a food and beverage restaurant rather
than a shop selling merchandise, so it
would be interesting to see how Universal
will pull the whole thing together.
|Hollywood||That's a Wrap||Retail||A retail outlet by the theme park exit and |
pick up apparel, toys, novelty hats and
other last minute souvenirs. Good idea
to earn a few more bucks from visitors
at the end of the day.
However, the problem that may arise is
that visitors, after spending a whole day
at the park may not have the interest and
the energy to visit another shop and buy
|Hollywood||Mel's Drive-In||Food and Beverage||From the hit movie American Graffiti, this |
'50s drive-in serves up burgers and cokes
the old-fashioned way and features golden
oldies on the jukebox and delicious Burgers,
Fries, Chicken Sandwiches, Chicken Fingers,
Onion Rings, Root Bear Floats and Frosty
Milk Shakes.Nice building to add to the Hollywood atmosphere.
I also think that the waterfront location of the
restaurant is perfect and adds to the romantic
ambiance of the restaurant.
|Hollywood||Hollywood China Bistro||Food and Beverage||Guests and feast on traditional Cantonese |
cuisine with a modern twist in an art deco
Chinese restaurant setting straight out of
a Hollywood movie set. This will cater to
the taste buds of the mainly Asian crowd
at the Universal Studios Singapore.
However, the question is: Will Asians
want to eat another Asian cuisine in an
American park, or will they want a more
American food option?
|Hollywood||Celebrity Café and Bakery||Food and Beverage||Guests can dine with stars over|
freshly-made sandwiches, puff pastry
pies and classic desserts.
Adapted from Wikipedia
There are also street appearances in the Hollywood area. Here is my few favorite characters from the entire list of street characters in Universal Studios Singapore.
- Frankenstein's Monster - One of the most famous movie characters in history, the creature is a sensitive, emotional being, which is depicted as mute. The creature discovers feelings through childlike interactions. The Monster is a symbol of a lumbering brute, with arms outstretched. This will add to the overall theming of the Mostrocity show.
- Marilyn Monroe - The subtle, sexy American icon. Ties in very well with the golden age of Hollywood theme of the Hollywood area.
- Charlie Chaplin The Oscar winning Silent Screen icon during The Tramp period of his career. Ties in very well with the golden age of Hollywood theme of the Hollywood area.
- BeetleJuice - The “ghost with the most” possesses minds, bodies and souls - making him the ultimate puppet master. This obnoxious and slightly perverted "bio-exorcist” revels in his grotesque appearance. The character's history is a mystery; his age and even how he came to die remain unknown. Also fits in well with the Mostrocity show.
- Betty Boop - With her sex symbol appeal, combined with girl-like persona, this vibrant young woman (with a childlike voice) has more heart than brains. It is a cartoon character that adds to the quirkiness of this area.
Adapted from Wikipedia
Watch out for new articles on the other lands.